San Juan Credit Union will be awarding $10,000 in scholarships through our Fourteenth Annual Educational Scholarships program this spring. The scholarships will be split up between all San Juan County Public High Schools including:
Monticello High School
Monument Valley High School
Navajo Mountain High School
San Juan High School
Whitehorse High School
If we do not receive any qualifying occupants from a particular school, that portion of the scholarship funds will be divided equally between all schools that have qualifying applicants.
Applications can be picked up with your high school counselor or are available in documents and forms under the resources menu on our homepage.
To qualify the following criteria MUST be met. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The student must be an active member of San Juan Credit Union. (This means monthly activity in their account for at least three months)
- The student must attend one of the High Schools listed above.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.65 or above and a copy of your GPA must be submitted with your application.
- The student must provide proof of acceptance into a college, university or trade school.
- A one to two page essay containing the following points:
-What your educational goals are.
-What it means to you to live in San Juan County, and how it has impacted your life.
-What you plan to do when you graduate from college.
- Students must have two reference letters; one academic reference and one professional/community reference. These letters cannot be from family members.
Applications, references and essays will be due at San Juan Credit Union on or before 5:00pm on April 30, 2018.