San Juan Credit Union will be awarding $10,000 in scholarships through our Fourteenth Annual Educational Scholarships program this spring. The scholarships will be split up between all San Juan County Public High Schools including:
Monticello High School
Monument Valley High School
Navajo Mountain High School
San Juan High School
Whitehorse High School
If we do not receive any qualifying occupants from a particular school, that portion of the scholarship funds will be divided equally between all schools that have qualifying applicants.
To qualify the following criteria MUST be met. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The student must be an active member of San Juan Credit Union. (This means monthly activity in their account for at least three months)
- The student must attend one of the High Schools listed above.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.65 or above and a copy of your GPA must be submitted with your application.
- The student must provide proof of acceptance into a college, university or trade school.
A one to two page essay containing the following points:
-What your educational goals are.
-What it means to you to live in San Juan County, and how it has impacted your life.
-What you plan to do when you graduate from college.
- Students must have two reference letters; one academic reference and one professional/community reference. These letters cannot be from family members.
Applications, references and essays will be due at San Juan Credit Union on or before 5:00pm on April 30, 2019.